Edgy thoughts

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thoughts after a recent visit to my beloved India

Hi readers!!...I am back for good after what seems like the longest hiatus in the history of blogging...:)...which is not very long by the way...let's get right into it...Recently I took a trip to my joy, pride, and at times pain...my country India...I traversed Western, Southern, Eastern, and Northern parts in one go...It was fun!!...I could only touch North...didn't have time to stay and experience the changes...I have been out of India for past 8 years...and in this visit I witnessed changes of both positive and negative kinds...positive being the confidence, cockiness, and carefree attitude of people...and negative being the confidence, cockiness, and carefree attitude of people...why I am saying this is based on my conversations with several people from various backgrounds and places I bumped into (on purpose and otherwise...) in this visit...majority of them were nonchalant and took their status for granted...as if they were born to be riding this wave of good fortune and great economy...(which by the way has slid a bit in recent months)...when I tried putting it in perspective for them they looked indifferent and defiant...I felt like a moron trying to convince them that they were exactly taking a path which US people took NOT very long ago with similar catastrophic results...which by the way US is still trying to recover from...and God knows how they will accomplish it and in what time...there is no sure-fire way to set the ship right if the ship was designed for sinking...ala Titanic...the point is to be extra careful when the going is good to stay afloat when something goes wrong and one has to cut down on the things they take for granted...yeah go ahead and name me names like cynic, fun-buster, killjoy, conservative, and whatever...but for God's sakes please pay heed to what I have to say...and I am not asking you to thank me later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home